The list of e-Safety weblinks below is aimed at providing information and better awareness to students, teachers and parents of the issues relating to the use of the Internet, mobile phones and other ICT technologies.
Communication systems such as social networks, blogs, mobile phones and email have become increasingly more important in our daily lives and often have important benefits but, there are also risks to be considered and evaluated.
Access to the Internet can take place almost anywhere at anytime and it is important that students, teachers and parents are aware of the risks and know how to use modern technologies appropriately and are able to discuss the issues in school, at home and between friends and what actions to take when something goes wrong.
What can you do to help?
You can help protect your children by following a few simple steps
- keep a watchful eye on Internet use;
- check the history folder of your Internet browser to what sites are being visited;
- use a child friendly search engine;
- you could use IE Content Supervisor – only blocks participating sites
- you could consider purchasing filter software;
- you could consider the benefits of different browsers;
- Use antivirus and firewall software;
Where ever you see the button below you can click and report abuse
Below are some useful websites, information posters and PowerPoint presentations for Parents/Carers and students, which provide information on specific topics.