The Pupil Premium Grant (PP) is a Government initiative introduced in April 2011 that targets extra money at disadvantaged pupils, which research shows underachieve compared to non-disadvantaged pupils. The premium is provided in order to support these pupils in reaching their potential and closing the gap between them and their peers. It is paid by means of a specific grant based on school census figures for pupils registered as eligible for free school meals (FSM) at any point in the last six years in reception to Year 11. For children looked after the Pupil Premium Plus (PPP) does not go to direct to school; it goes to the virtual school head (VSH) in the local authority that looks after the child. VSHs have overall responsibility for managing Pupil Premium funding for children looked after. The PP is additional to any funding the pupil may receive to support their special educational needs. There are many barriers that can prevent our pupils from learning. The main barriers being; cognition and learning, communication, social, sensory, access to local community and further afield, emotional and mental health issue and deprivation. Our key objectives to overcome this are as follows:
- The Pupil Premium will be used to provide additional educational support to improve the progress and to raise the standard of achievement for these pupils
- The funding will be used to narrow and close the gap between the achievement of these pupils and their peers
- As far as its powers allow the school will use the additional funding to address any underlying inequalities between pupils eligible for Pupil Premium and others
We will ensure that the additional funding reaches the pupils who need it most and that it makes a significant impact on their education and lives.
This strategy is reviewed annually, each September.
Pupil Premium spend and impact
Further details of our key objectives, key expenditure, attainment and progress can be found below:
Pupil Premium Strategy Staff newsletters
- Pupil Premium - Staff Newsletter - Spring 1 2022
- Pupil Premium - Staff Newsletter - Autumn 2 - 20-21
- Pupil Premium - Staff Newsletter - Spring 1 2020
- Pupil Premium - Staff Newsletter - Spring 2 2020
- Pupil Premium - Staff Newsletter - Summer 1 2020
- Pupil Premium - Staff Newsletter - Summer 20-21